Before you arrive on Sunday morning:
- Get Directions. Click here for an interactive map.
- Get Dressed. At Christ Presbyterian, we are on the more casual end of the spectrum, but you are free to wear whatever is comfortable for you.
- Get Info. Our Sunday School classes begin at 9:15 and our Worship Service at 10:30. Especially on “game days,” the sanctuary fills up, so plan to arrive for worship by 10:15 to allow time to get settled.
When you get here:
- Get Parked. We have parking in the front and back of our building. Overflow parking is located in the shopping center across University Avenue.
- Get Oriented. In our lobby, look for our Greeters (with nametags) during the Sunday School hour and Ushers (handing out worship folders) right before the Worship Service. These people are there to answer any questions you might have and to help you locate the nursery, Sunday School classes, and our sanctuary.
- Get Your Nursery-aged Children Checked in. If you have children who are under 3 years of age, head to the Nursery Check-in station located straight down our main hall. Here are the ministries offered for children on Sunday mornings:
- Nursery is available during Sunday School and Worship for children under 3 years of age.
- Sunday School begins at 9:15 and is available for all everyone over 3 years old, including various options for adults. Feel free to grab a cup of coffee in main hallway on the way to class!
- Children’s Church for children who are 3-4 years old occurs during the Worship Service. If your child is too old to attend Children’s Church, “Children’s Worship Bags” are available at the back entrance to the sanctuary.
- Get a Worship Folder. As you enter our building you will be greeted by a friendly face and given a program that will contain the entire liturgy for the service as well as announcements and information about our church.
- Get Some Coffee. As noted above, coffee is available from 9:00 until the Worship Service begins.
Once you get settled:
- Get In Touch. Fill out the information in the Worship Folder then place in the offering plate.
- Our worship service typically includes music, prayers (silent and spoken), scripture readings, a sermon, and the celebration of the Lord’s Supper.
- Attend Sunday Evening Worship. Services meet on 1st and 3rd Sundays at 5.30 PM, are more informal and oriented toward the whole family.
- Find a Shepherding Group. This is a great way to meet people and find community here at CPC. Shepherding Groups are led by our elders, meet on 2nd and 4th Sunday evenings in the Spring and Fall, usually in members’ homes. Kids Café and Youth Fellowship meet concurrently with Shepherding Groups.
- Attend an Inquirers’ Class. If you would like to know more about church membership or are thinking of making CPC your church home, attend an Inquirers class. Classes run for 6 weeks in the Spring and Fall.
- CPC offers many opportunities to get to know others in smaller settings than Sunday morning worship. Check out more ways to get involved or find out what’s happening at CPC at www.christpresoxford.org.
About Sunday Morning Worship
One of the primary ways in which we seek to glorify and enjoy God is through our Sunday morning worship services. This is pursued through weekly corporate worship where we listen as God speaks to us through His Word. We respond to Him, and His acts on our behalf, through our prayers, confessions, songs and fellowship.
Our Sunday morning worship service exists to pull our affections away from artificial objects of worship – money, careers, relationships, approval, power, and control, among other things – and set our hearts on God. At Christ Presbyterian Church, we have a bold, joyful, exuberant and participatory style of worship, which is a careful blend of dignity and freedom. Our worship strives to be high and majestic, yet warm and personal.
Our Sunday morning worship services begin at 10:30 a.m. During our services, we have a nursery available for children ages 0 – 3 and children ages 3 – 4 will be dismissed half way through the worship service for children’s worship. If you have any questions about our services, please feel free to contact Curt Presley at 662.234.3399 or email@example.com.