Our mission is to provide men and women opportunities and resources so that they may be grounded in the Word of God, grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, and be transformed into Kingdom disciples. (Luke 2:52; II Peter 3:18; Romans 12:2; and Psalm 1)
Special Adult Sunday School | August 5th & 12th
How to View the Lord’s Day
Sundays have traditionally been called by Christians “The Lord’s Day”. And it usually ends up being a list of things we feel we “should” or “shouldn’t” do. Can the Sabbath be a day unto the Lord, and at the same time be a day of gladness for us? Join us for this special two-part class this August. All adults meet in the CPC sanctuary. Taught by Curt Presley.
Adult Sunday School Special Sessions
Same sex & gender dysphoria is arguably the most relevant cultural topic of our day. As believers we often struggle to understand, speak and act in ways that affirms the truth while still seeing to love our family and friends well.
Below you can find the audio from two special Sunday School sessions (recorded on June 4th & June 11th) discussion same sex attraction & gender dysphoria. These sessions were led by Les Newsom and Steve Froelich (New Life PCA, Ithaca, NY). You can also find link to some of the resources below.
Same Sex & Gender Dysphoria: Part 1 | Les Newsom
Two resources Les referenced during his discussion can be found below if you would like to read more.
Same Sex & Gender Dysphoria: Part 2 | Steve Froehlich
Handouts Steve referenced during his discussion:
- How to Have a Difficult Conversation About a Difficult Topic Like Gender Identity by Steve Froehlich
- Homosexuality: Speaking the Truth in Love by Mardi Keyes
Some books Steve recommends:
- Is God anti-gay? by Sam Allberry
- Divine Sex by Johnathan Grant
- Homosexuality and the Christian by Mark Yarhouse
Additional resources Steve recommends:
- Rosaria Butterfield on the Biggest Thing Christians Can Learn From the LGBTQ Community
- How Can You Live Without Sex? by Ed Shaw