Welcome to Christ Presbyterian Church of Oxford
we found a Hope that created a Home and launched a Healing
1720A University Avenue, Oxford, MS 38655
Service Times: Sundays at 8:30am & 10:45am
A Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday, December 8, immediately following the worship service, for the purpose of voting on additional elders & deacons. These men have been nominated by you, the congregation. They underwent a four month training program led by Les Newsom. They took a written exam to gather statements about their orthodoxy. They were personally interviewed, one at a time, by members of your Session.
- ELDER: Heath Weatherall, Glynn Ingram, Gray Flora, True Redd, James Harper & Wayne Irby
- DEACON: Trip Farris, Earl Stubblefield, Joel Bell & Alan Grafton
Over the next few weeks we will spotlight each of the candidates so you can get to know them better. During this time, you should pray through this list, and consider finding some means to speak with them personally about their candidacy, qualifications, and/or calling to the office.
Rebuilding Your Marriage
In October, CPC hosted a marriage conference with College Hill & Grace Bible. Clinical psychologist & speaker, Dr. John Cox, equipped couples to develop more mastery in managing the challenges of doing life together. Below are the audio recordings from each session.
Friday, Oct. 25th | Session 1
Friday, Oct. 25th | Session 2
Saturday, Oct. 26th | Session 3
Saturday, Oct. 26th | Session 4
Saturday, Oct. 26th | Q&A
A little about who we are...
At Christ Pres we believe our purpose is to preach a HOPE that creates a HOME and launches a HEALING. We seek to embody a number of attributes as we reach out to those around us:
- We insist on being thoroughly BIBLICAL in everything we do.
- We desire a fellowship that is CELEBRATORY of God's work in the world.
- We look to INCARNATE ourselves in the life of this city.
- We recognize the importance of being CAMPUS AWARE as we seek to welcome college students.
- We look to be HOSPITABLE to all who look for care.
- We want to ENGAGE CULTURE around us rather than accommodate, retreat or isolate ourselves.
Our passion is to reach, train & grow maturing believers by encouraging healthy spaces for rich fellowship.