Women’s Ministry Team’s vision is to equip and encourage women to serve at CPC and in Oxford. Since WMT is part of the Adult Education Team, we see our role as equipping to serve, not just organizing “girl jobs.” We love to see our women supporting all the other ministry teams in the church as well as the Women’s Ministry!
How Will We Respond?
Christ Presbyterian is currently in a period of transition. We’re adjusting to a new pastor, a new building, and a new Sunday service. On top of all of that, we’re searching for a new Women’s Ministry Coordinator! Change often causes stress on relationships and insecurity in our hearts – how are we going to respond to all of this?
Our Women’s Ministry Team believes that this is an opportunity for us to glorify God by maintaining our oneness in Christ through this period of change. To that end, we’ve chosen the theme of “Unity in Transition” as the thread that runs through all of our plans for 2018-19, such as our Ladies Bible studies, our Christmas event, and our Spring Hibernation retreat.
We hope you’ll take advantage of the many opportunities we have to grow closer to Christ and each other in the midst of transition. Check out all of the options to build relationships with other women in our “Women 2 Women” groups listed below. Keep connected with us through social media and this web page to find out where you can plug in! You can also contact Meta Ginn at email@example.com or call the church office if you have any questions.
“Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!” Psalms 133:1
Click on the image to view the most recent Women’s Ministry Newsletter.
Women’s Bible Study
Our Ladies’ Bible Study meets during the school year on Wednesdays. We’re so excited to introduce our Fall study, From Garden to Glory written by Courtney Doctor. Here is an overview from the PCA bookstore website:
The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is a beautiful, epic, and cohesive story. It is the story of how our eternal God is on a grand mission to redeem and restore his rebellious and wayward children. From Garden to Glory is a ten-week study that will take you through this amazing story. You will marvel at the steadfast love of our God who longs to dwell with his children again as he did in the Garden—and who will stop at nothing until he does.
Both studies meet at the church and follow this basic schedule:
- Opening comments from the group leader
- Video lesson from Courtney Doctor
- Small group discussion and prayer time
Check out this video from Courtney Doctor that explains more about Garden to Glory:
Morning & Evening Study
Morning: Meets at 9:15 am in the CPC Sanctuary.
Evening: Meets at 5:30 pm in the CPC Annex
Both studies meet at the church; snacks & childcare are provided. Bring a friend and come dressed as you are—on the way to the office or to the gym!
To catch up on the most recent audio recordings of our morning study or access audio from previous years, visit Women’s Bible Study Podcast.
Women 2 Women
Are you in need of encouragement and prayer? We all are! There are groups of women ready to welcome you. Listed below are our current Women 2 Women groups. Click here to download a full list of groups, group leaders, days & time of meetings and much more information.
- Mom 2 Mom: Accountability and support for moms using a parenting book
- Campus Lunch Bunch: Prayer and encouragement for university employees or students
- LOL: Prayer and encouragement for “empty nesters”
- Mrs. 2 Mrs (Marriage): Accountability and support for wives
- BOYB (Breakfast over your Bible): Accountability group for regular Bible reading as well as time to discuss and apply their reading
- Friend to Friend: Accountability group for regular Bible reading as well as time to discuss and apply their reading
- Book Club: Reading book of the month and discussing
- Sexual Sanity for Women: A small group for young women struggling with sexual or relational sins as well as for women who are impacted by sexual sins of their husband or family members
- One-on-Ones: You can request to be matched with an older or younger woman for a one-on-one discipleship relationship
- Story to Story: Using tools from Parakaleo (www.parakleo.us) to help each of us see our own stories in light of God’s big redemptive story, seeking to help equip us to better pastor our own hearts and intentionally build a community of gospel support
- ATTENTION COLLEGE STUDENTS
CPC Connect: Connection group with older women in the faith. Come here ladies share practical stories of God’s power in their everyday lives and get to know these women who’d love to know you.
- Date/Time/Location: 7:00-8:00PM 3rd Tuesdays @ Anderson’s Home at 701 Davis Point in Wellsgate
- Led by: Katie Anderson, Liza Sorgenfrei, Dana Edwards, Anna Mahaffey, and Eden Flora
To signup for a group, please fill out the Women 2 Women Small Group Signup form.
If you have any questions about or small groups or how to get connected to one, contact Carol Anne Miconi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Ministry Team 2018-2019
Chair: Meta Ginn
AM Coordinator: Kim Farris
PM Coordinator: Anna Sayre
Events Coordinators: Mary Kathryn Herrington & Pamela Grafton
Communications Coordinator: Emily Ferris
W2W Coordinator: Carol Anne Miconi
Materials & Curriculum: Ev Barrett
At Large Members: Lady Margaret Redd, Kathy Presley, Katie Anderson