Women’s Ministry Team’s vision is to equip and encourage women to serve at CPC and in Oxford. Since WMT is part of the Adult Education Team, we see our role as equipping to serve, not just organizing “girl jobs.” We love to see our women supporting all the other ministry teams in the church as well as the Women’s Ministry!
This year the Women’s Ministry theme is “Unwrapping God’s Gifts of Grace,” as we consider how we can receive the gifts God gives His people. Notice what gifts the young church was opening in Acts 2:40-47—sacraments, God’s word, prayers, and lots of fellowship. And notice a result of these gifts: gladness and simplicity of heart. That’s something we can’t order on Amazon.com!
As you look at your calendar, we hope you will find an opportunity to open some similar gifts here at CPC. Some may be found in the Hibernation Retreat, or at a Fall Bible study, or in a Women 2 Women accountability group. These are designed to include fellowship, God’s
word, and prayer—amazing packages better than anything on St. Nick’s sled.
Women’s Ministry Newsletter | Fall 2017
Click the image to view our Women’s Ministry Fall 2017 Newsletter! Inside you’ll find dates of upcoming events, more details about our small groups and some fun facts about our newest members on the Women’s Ministry Team.
Women’s Bible Study
Our Ladies Bible Study meets during the school year on Wednesdays.
Meets at 5:30 pm in the CPC Annex
Nancy Guthrie’s study The Promised One: Seeing Jesus in Genesis.
Meets at 9:15 am in the CPC Sanctuary.
Genesis: The Savior Behind the Stories.
Both studies meet at the church; snacks & childcare are provided. Bring a friend and come dressed as you are—on the way to the office or to the gym!
To catch up on the most recent audio recordings of our morning study or access audio from previous years, visit Women’s Bible Study Podcast.
Women 2 Women
Are you in need of encouragement and prayer? We all are! There are groups of women ready to welcome you. Listed below are our current Women 2 Women groups. Click here to download a full list of groups, group leaders, days & time of meetings and much more information.
- Campus Lunch Bunch: Prayer and encouragement
- Mom 2 Mom: Accountability and support for Moms using a parenting book (TBD)
- LOL: Prayer and encouragement for “empty nesters”
- Mrs. 2 Mrs. (Marriage): Accountability and support for wives
- BOYB (Breakfast over your Bible): Accountability group for regular Bible reading as well as time to discuss and apply their reading
- Friend to Friend: Accountability group for regular Bible reading as well as time to discuss and apply their reading
- Book Club : Reading the book of the month and discussing
- Sexual Sanity for Women: A small group for young women struggling with sexual or relational sins as well as for women who are impacted by sexual sins of their husbands or family members
- One-on-Ones: You can request to be matched with an older or younger woman for a one-on-one discipleship relationship
- Working Moms Get Togethers: Casual meetings for working moms to get together
To signup for a group, please fill out the Women 2 Women Small Group Signup form.
If you have any questions about or small groups or how to get connected to one, contact Kathy Presley at email@example.com.
Women’s Ministry Team 2017-2018
Meta Ginn, Chair
Anna Sayre, Evening Bible Study Coordinator
Judy Wood, Morning Bible Study Coordinator
Kathy Presley, Women 2 Women Coordinator
Emily Ferris, Communications
Eden Flora & Mary Kathryn Herrington, Events
Aurelia Poe, Member at Large
Susan Tyner, Staff Support